Hey guys, I LOVE apple season in the Fall. It's so fun to be up north and experience it all over again. I have lots of apple dessert recipes so here's one I made last night:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
- Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture and gently pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice-cream or even better the next day cold! Can you say, "Breakfast anyone?"