Saturday, January 19, 2008

Too Many Babas Soup


Click here to read the story behind the name! This will take you to my personal blog.

Too Many Babas Soup


3 cloves garlic
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cups water
6 cubes bouillon (I used a mix of vegetable and chicken)
left-over ham
1 pound baby carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cans white beans
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. sweet basil
2 bay leaves

Mince the garlic. Chop the onion. Saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil. Add in the water and other ingredients except the beans. Put over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, then add beans. My ham was in chunks so I pulled that out and chopped it into bite sized pieces as well. Baba Edis also added cabbage which I would have gladly added if I had had it in my refrigerator.

Breadsticks

1 1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 to 4 cups flour

Add yeast to water and let dissolve. Add honey and salt. Add enough flour that you can knead it gently. Divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece between your hands into a long breadstick and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush melted butter over the breadsticks and allow them to raise for 15 to 20 minute. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. After they bake, I usually brush them again with butter and sprinkle garlic powder and Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments: