Thursday, January 17, 2008

Taco Soup

I made this tonight for dinner and it turned out really good. I didn't have any ground beef so I cut up some chicken breast instead. We topped it with cheese and I cut up some flour tortillas, sprayed them with cooking spray, sprinkled them with salt and put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 375*. I got the soup recipe from this blog.

1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
4 cups tomato juice (I use the whole big can from Safeway, then I have enough for leftovers)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes

In pan, over medium high heat, combine ground beef and onions. Saute until beef is cooked. Add other ingredients and heat through, but don't boil.

No comments: