Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cream of Tomato Soup

I made this soup earlier in the week. (We've kind of been in the mood for soup - can you tell?) I have to say it was DELICIOUS! 3 out of my 4 kids loved it and all 4 ate it. Geoff doesn't really care for tomato soup but had 3 bowls of this stuff! I found it on AllRecipes.com. After I cooked the onions and flour, I added some of the tomato juice and then pureed it in the food processor so there wouldn't be any 'chunks' (the key to getting my kids to eat it). Then I continued on with the recipe. Super easy. Super fast. Super yummy.

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 quart tomato juice
  • salt to taste
  • 2 cups milk
In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onions in butter until translucent. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour so that no lumps remain, then slowly whisk in the tomato juice. Return to the heat and add salt to taste. Cook until just boiling but turn off the heat before it boils. Let cool 10 minutes then slowly stir in milk. Serve immediately.

No comments: