Thursday, October 4, 2007

Little Italy Chicken Pitas

If you are looking for something new, this was a fast easy dinner, and really tasty! I just used dried basil, as I didn't have any fresh. I discovered I love Asiago cheese! (I guess that is why I've always loved the Asiago bagels).

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
1 tablespoon chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
6 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
3 cups mixed baby greens

Preparation: Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in chicken, tomato, cheese, and basil. Line each pita half with 1/4 cup greens. Divide chicken mixture evenly among pita halves.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed pita halves)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Can't wait to try it...I'm still addicted to the yummy salad dressing, though. I had to make a special trip to the store for lemons so I could make some more! I swear I could almost drink that stuff!