Here is the recipe as I found it on All-Recipes. Be sure to read my notes at the end to see what small changes I have made when I make this recipe.
1 large green pepper
1 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
4 1/4 c. sugar
4 oz liquid pectin
4 jalapenos seeded and finely chopped
1. Combine green pepper and 12 jalapenos in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Transfer to large saucepan, stir in cider vinegar. bring to a boil and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
3. *optional: at this point you can strain it and put the liquid back in the sauce pan if you want. I do not strain.
4. Stir in salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for one minute, then stir in liquid pectin.
5. Stir in remaining jalapenos, and ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in hot water bath.
Here are the notes for what I do to this recipe:
1. Add a couple drops of food coloring.
2. Do ALL the peppers and don't strain... end up with 2 cup and use 3 oz of pectin
3. Add Tbsp. butter just before pectin
4. Do 6 c. sugar and boil 3-5 minutes after adding the pectin.
Serve with a block of cream cheese and crackers or pretzels! Yum!