Sunday, November 29, 2009

Corn Bread - Jiffy Style

We LOVE cornbread. I used to buy boxes of Jiffy when it was on a good sale and would have a pretty good stock of it. One particular day when I went to make some I was all out. So, I went to the trusty internet and looked up a good substitute. I haven't bought a box of Jiffy since.

I make this in a 9x9 pan and it's a little on thin side so I usually double the recipe for the same size pan.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 c. milk

Directions:

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
Combine mix with egg and milk, mixing well.
Pour into pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400*.

No comments: