Friday, June 6, 2008

Veggie Pasta

This may not be kid-friendly, because it is mostly veggies. We are trying to eat healthy in our home, so this is what I came up with for last night's dinner. After eating I immediately wrote down what I did so I could make it again sometime. My husband loved it!
I'll have to take a picture next time to post.

Ingredients:
6 oz Pasta (such as penne or rigatoni)
Cooking Spray (such as Pam)
1/2 T butter
1 clove Garlic minced
Cayenne Pepper to taste (I use about 1/8 tsp)
1 tsp Chicken base
1 tsp basil
1/4 C water
1 small Zucchini
1 small Yellow Squash
1 Green Pepper
1 Tomato
1/2 Onion
2 T Olive Oil
1/4 C grated Parmesan Cheese

Cut Veggies (Zucchini, Squash, Onion, Pepper, Tomato) into narrow strips.
Cook Pasta according to directions on package.
Spray a pan with Cooking spray. add 1/2 T of butter. Saute Garlic. Add cayenne pepper, basil, chicken base. Add 1/4 C water. Add veggies and cook to crisp/tender.
Drain pasta. Pour in veggie mix. Mix in Olive Oil and shredded Parmesan Cheese.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: