Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dutch Babies

Several years ago my good friend Tracy made this for us for dinner because Geoff went on a mission to the Netherlands. I've been meaning to get the recipe from her since then but never remember! Then Aspen spent the weekend with a friend and came home begging me to make German Pancakes because her friend's mom made them and they were sooo good. So this morning I thought I would make the pancakes and when I looked up a recipe I found that they are actually the Dutch Babies that Tracy made for us!! I made them for breakfast and the kids loved them so much that they wanted more for lunch! I guess we'll have to have salad for dinner!

FYI - I doubled it using 8 eggs and put it in a slightly bigger cake pan. And since I was out of white flour for the lunch batch I used half white/half wheat flour and they turned out great!
This is the link to the recipe that I found: German Pancakes

1/4 c butter
4-6 large eggs
1 c flour
1 c milk
1/4 t salt
Lemon juice, maple syrup, powdered sugar, for toppings

Preheat oven to 400*. Melt butter in 9x13 pan (glass seems to work best) in oven; swirl around so it covers the pan; In a blender add eggs, flour, milk and salt and blend just until mixed... do not overbeat. Pour into pan. Bake 20-30 minutes, until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve at once sprinkled with lemon juice and powdered sugar, or maple syrup or whatever you like on your pancakes.

No comments: