I made this recipe from AllRecipes about a month ago and served it on rice and I think everybody loved it. I take that back, chances are my kids didn't really like it (they don't like anything I make) but I try not to pay any attention to them!
* 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon ground paprika
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/2 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, salt, dry mustard, chili powder, vinegar, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, vegetable juice cocktail, ketchup, water and garlic. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken breasts.
3. Bake uncovered, for 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove chicken breasts, shred with a fork, and return to the sauce. Bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes so the chicken can soak up more flavor. Serve on a bed of rice with freshly ground black pepper.
Original recipe yield:
PREP TIME 5 Min
COOK TIME 45 Min
READY IN 50 Min