Saturday, November 26, 2011

Restaurant Style Salsa

This recipe originally came from Pioneer Woman. However, I have tweaked it just a bit so I have made the changes on here. For example, the original recipe calls for ¼ cups of onion but I didn't have any one day so i made it without and it still turned out great. Now I never add it. This salsa is super good and easy to make. We all love it.

Ingredients

2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Diced Tomatoes
1 can (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
1 clove Garlic, Minced (or a heaping teaspoon of the jarred stuff)
1 whole jalapeño, Quartered And Sliced Thin (most of the time I use the jarred slices for convenience. About 3 or 4 slices)
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ teaspoon Lime Juice (the pre-squeezed stuff)

Instructions

I like to drain the tomatoes and Rotel before I blend them because I don't like my salsa so runny, but you don't have to drain them. Combine tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeño, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.

No comments: