Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sigrid's Carrot Cake

So, I mentioned making this carrot cake for Easter. I thought I would go ahead and post the actual recipe because it is SOOOOO good. I found it on The Pioneer Woman Cooks and now kiss the ground that she walks on! The only thing I did different is that I added the chopped pecans to the top of half of the cake because I have an 8 yr old who can't stand nuts and an 18 month old who can't have them! It's really difficult to explain how delicious this is!!

Cake:

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots

Mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and combine. Add carrots and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured (or Baker’s Joyed) pan (Bundt, sheet cake, 9 x 13 Pyrex) and bake until done, 25 to 50 minutes, depending on the pan you use. Cool completely.

Icing:
1 stick (1/4 pound) regular butter, softened
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
1 pound powdered sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped finely
2 teaspoons vanilla

In large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and blend, then mix in the nuts. Spread on cooled carrot cake.

Eat. Faint. Repeat as needed.

And Happy Easter!

Love,
Pioneer Woman

No comments: