Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Different Kind of Salad

I get stuck in a rut with my salads and side dishes. I decided to try to branch out a little. This one is really easy.

Mango and Black Bean Salad

1 1/2 Cups chopped peeled ripe mango
1 Cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 Cup cooked wild or brown rice
3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons roasted tomatillo or fresh salsa
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained (I used dry beans instead of canned)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix. Yield: 6 servings(2/3 C)
Calories: 167 Fat 5.4g

1 comment:

Cindi M said...

I made this last night. I decided that we would eat it on top of a green salad so I added a little more salsa to it and I also cooked up some chicken to go with it. We had a little lite sour cream and ranch dressing with it. It was WONDERFUL!!