Flour amount is a suggestion...not an absolute. You may need more or less depending.
3/4 cup whole milk
6 T Unsalted butter melted, plus 2 T for brushing (melted) on rolls before baking
6 T sugar
1 1/2 t salt
2 eggs (they work best at room temperature)
2 1/4 t instant (rapid rise) yeast
3 cups flour
1. Bring milk to boil, let stand off heat until skin forms on surface, about 3 - 5 minutes. Using soup spoon, skim off surface and discard. Transfer milk to bowl of standing mixer and add 6 Tablespoons melted butter, sugar, and salt; whisk to combine and let mixture cool. When mixture is just warm to the touch (90 -100 degrees), whisk in eggs and yeast until combined.
2. Add flour to bowl; using dough hook, mix on low speed until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium-low and knead about 3 minutes longer; when pressed with finger, dough should feel tacky and moist but should not stick to finger. (If it is sticky add 1 T of flour at a time until not sticky) Continue to knead on medium-low until cohesive,elastic dough forms and nothing is sticking to bottom of mixer bowl. about 4 to 5 minutes longer.
3. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead dough by head 1 to 2 minutes. Spray medium bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer dough to bowl and cover with plastic wrap that you have sprayed the top of so dough doesn't stick. Let rise for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Coat two 9 inch cake round pans with cooking spray; set aside. Divide dough in half and shape 8 rolls out of each half then place them in the two cake pans 8 in each cake pan). Cover cake pans with plastic wrap that has been lightly coated with cooking spray, then cover pans securely with foil. Refrigerate at least 24 or up to 48 hours.
5. Remove foil (but not plastic wrap) and let rolls rise until rolls are pressing against each other about 6 to 7 hours. When they are double in volume, heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove plastic wrap. Brush rolls with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter; bake until deep golden, 14 to 18 minutes. Cool rolls in pans on wire rack about 3 minutes, then invert onto rack; re-invert rolls and cool 10 - 15 minutes. Serve warm!