Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blueberry Oat Flour Pancakes

Joseph and I had these at a Bed and Breakfast in September. They were so yummy, I had to try to find a recipe. The only bad thing about this recipe is that the pancakes are very hard to turn. Since I'm not a baker, I don't know what adjustments to make in the recipe (Heidi??)

To make oat flour, just put regular rolled oats in your blender. Blend them on high until they look like flour. With my blender, I had to help it along a little bit.

2 cups oat flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
2 cups milk or water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
blueberries

Warm pan or griddle to medium with 1 tsp butter or oil. In a medium sized bowl, add dry ingredients together and mix lightly. Next add milk or water; stir. Add oil and 1 egg at a time. Mix thoroughly. Pour 1/2 cup mix at a time into pan.

No comments: