Monday, February 11, 2008

Malibu Chicken

Dave made this for dinner the other night and it was SOOOO good! I didn't have chicken breasts so we used thighs instead. The mustard sauce is a must, too. I didn't think I would like it but it was terrific.

6boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
6 slices cooked ham
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 egg
1/4 C. flour
1/8 tsp. pepper
3/4 C. fine dry breadcrumbs
2 TB. oil
2 TB. butter
1 TB water
1 tsp. mustard
1/4 C. mayo

1. Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Stir egg and water together with a fork.
3. Coat each chicken piece with flour, dip into egg mixture and then coat with crumbs.
4. Press crumbs in firmly.
5. Heat oil and butter in large skillet over med. heat.
6. Brown chicken 4-5 min. on each side.
7. Place browned chicken on oven proof platter, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese.
8. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts.
9. Combine mustard and mayo.
10. Serve chicken immediately with sauce.

By the way, this is a copycat recipe from a restaurant. I hesitate to tell you which restaurant because when Dave told me all I could think was "Eeeewww!" If you're dying to know you can e.mail me and I'll tell ya!

No comments: